Surekha Aggarwal FCA
I am a specialist in financial decision-making. I help people to think more clearly – about the issues they’re trying to address, together with the interplay of their psychological and emotional makeup, with reference to their goals.
Finance is complex. So too are our minds. Both factors affect decision-making and the resulting consequences. My work majors on clarity and perspective, to enable you to integrate money management and mind management. The results go way beyond the purely financial, important though they are.
I am a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. The common thread across the breadth and depth of my professional experience, has been clarity of thinking, and the ability to communicate financial matters in a relevant and down to earth way.
My first career was with Deloitte (one of the top four global accountancy and consulting firms), where over the course of twelve years, I had extensive experience in management consultancy and corporate finance, with both listed and private companies. I set up my own consultancy in 1995, since which time I’ve worked with varied clients and worn many hats – consultant, non-executive director, quasi- finance director, coach, mentor and advisor.
Some highlights of my experience include:
- A variety of industries and sectors (publishing, transport, retail, health, outplacement)
- Different sizes of organisations (multinationals, owner-managed businesses, self-employed, startups)
- Organisational types: commercial (eg. Hodder headline Publishing), social enterprise (eg Renaisi), public sector (eg Medical Research Council), campaigning (eg Greenpeace)
- International (Australia, France, Romania, Russia, USA)
- Lecturing – Cranfield University’s Msc in Motorsports Engineering
- Non-executive director – Renasi Ltd (2019 to present), Higher Nature Ltd (2000 to 2010), City Fringe Partnership (2008 to 2010), Institute for Optimum Nutrition (1997 – 1998).